Thursday, May 2, 2013

Fast Homemade Breadsticks

I want to share a recipe for fast homemade breadsticks, I love this recipe because it is finished in 22 minutes: 10 minutes for prep while my oven is heating up and then 12 minutes to cook. We had this with our easy chicken noodle soup but we also have it with spaghetti and pizza.  I got this recipe from my husband's Aunt ALee in a cookbook she put together for me with family recipes, this one comes from the table of Aunt Juli.

Take a tablespoon of powdered milk, yeast and honey and put it in a bowl.
Then pour in 1 1/2 cups of warm water and then 3 1/2 to 4 cups of water (You don't want the dough to be sticky.  Sometimes I knead the dough for a second with clean hands to get it into a nice ball)
You can place it right on the pan that you are cooking it in and roll that dough to the edges.
Then cut to your desired length...
Then bake for 12-15 minutes at 400 degrees.  I usually cook mine for 12 minutes because we like our bread to be a little on the lighter side.


Easy Breadsticks
1 TBS yeast
1 TBS honey
1 TBS powdered milk
1 1/2 c warm water
1 tsp salt
3 1/2-4 c flour

Mix everything together in a bowl with a wooden or plastic spoon (I usually use the 4 cups of flour so that the dough isn't sticky)  Then roll into a ball and place an a cookie sheet, roll it out, cut it as desired   Then you can dip it in melted butter and sprinkle parmesan cheese on it. Or you can try it our favorite way, which is to wait until they are cooked and then pour melted butter on the top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and a small bit of garlic salt.

Bake at 400 for 12-15 mins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment