Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Easy Meat Sauce

The one thing that most of us agree on for dinner is spaghetti.  Some like it with browned butter and cheese and others like it with what my son calls "red sauce."  However we like it, it gets eaten and is a quick dinner for us on busy nights.



For the sauce I brown 1 pound of ground beef.


 Then I pour the grease out and add  two 28 oz cans of  peeled crushed tomatoes.  I add four minced garlic cloves and 2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning and if we are in a hurry once it is heated we eat it but I like to let it simmer for 15 minutes while I fix breadsticks and cook the noodles.


This usually makes enough for our dinner that night for a family of six and enough that I can freeze some for a dinner on another busy night.

Meat Sauce

1 pound of ground beef
2 28 oz. cans of peeled crushed tomatoes
2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
4 cloves of garlic minced

Brown the ground beef, then drain the grease and return meat to pan.  Add the tomatoes and the seasoning and the garlic.  Stir, bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

(Sometimes we replace the ground beef with Italian sausage)

No comments:

Post a Comment