Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ice Cream In A Bag

When I was a little girl I remember making tin can ice cream where we rolled coffee cans back and forth stuffed with ice, salt, and a white mixture that made ice cream.  Then I grew up and had kids and I forgot about that for awhile, until I was searching for some perfect summer fun to try.  I found a recipe from Pinterest for ice cream in a bag and it is fun, chilling and delicious.

The recipe can be found at allrecipes and uses cream, half and half, vanilla, suagr, ice and coarse salt.



We mixed it all together and I added some vanilla beans- its the black spots that you might see in the photograph.


Then I split the mixture into four bags-easier to share and I double bagged them to keep the salt flavor from tainting my ice cream.



Then we pass it around and shake it until it becomes firm and we enjoy it immediately straight from the bag.




It's a funny easy was to cool off in the summer, get everyone involved, and have a treat!

Linking up at Keeping it Simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment