Friday, May 10, 2013

Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Bites

I often like baking and am always searching for new recipes to try or some delicious dessert to wow everyone at a family party.  I found a recipe for Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Bites from Bare feet in the Kitchen.

It has one of my favorite crusts that I have ever tried.  It is made from Almonds,  the actual recipe calls for almond meal and almond flour.  I actually do not have any of that in my house but I did have raw almonds.  I threw a few handfuls of almonds in my food processor and then used that for both the meal and the flour and then threw in the sugar and the butter.

I pressed the crust into regular sized cupcake liners and baked them for ten minutes while I whipped together the filling.  I love the smell of vanilla beans as I scraped the caviar out of the bean.  (Did you know that the little black dots in the vanilla bean are often called the caviar of the bean.)




The cheesecakes weer a hit but not a family favorite, as they all prefer chocolate desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment