Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Chocolate Craisin Clusters

Last year for Father's Day I wanted to give my husband some of his favorite snacks.  He really likes chocolate covered Craisins or what he calls Craisinettes.  He apparently gets them at a gas station by his work when he is out running errands or getting lunch.  I searched and searched and just could not find them anywhere so I decided to make my own.


I use milk chocolate because that is what my husband loves, but semi-sweet or dark chocolate would work as well or even white chocolate.


I take a bag of chocolate chips and put it in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon of Crisco.  I usually zap it for 30 seconds and then mix it and zap it for 30 more seconds.  If you need to keep melting it just do it in 15 second intervals so you don't burn the chocolate.

sorry about the blurry effect I had little hands helping but picture the chocolate smooth and melted

I have no patience to individually dip each Craisin so I dump in the whole bag and mix until they are coated and then spread them on a piece of wax paper until they set.  It usually takes a few hours, but I sometimes stick them in the fridge to speed up the process.  Then I break them into clusters and put them back in the bag for my husband to enjoy at work and somehow the extras usually end up in my mouth or the kids'.


 Chocolate Craisin Clusters

1 bag chocolate chips
1 tablespoon crisco
1 10 oz. bag Craisins

Melt the crisco and the chocolate chips in the microwave at 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted and smooth.  Stir the Craisins in to coat.  Spread on wax paper and let set for a few hours.

1 comment:

  1. hubby loves these gonna try to make some for him
    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete