Monday, May 20, 2013

Peanut Butter Pie

I really like to find new desserts and and make them for other people.  With my four kids, finding time to actually bake is a challenge and is always messy.  I found this No Bake Pie from Annie's Home.  It was really easy to make and it tasted amazing.

I made the crust by taking two sleeves of graham crackers and smashing and rolling them with a rolling pin to get the crumbs.  I wanted a chocolate crust so I added 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder to 1 1/2 cups of the graham cracker crumbs I just made, along with 1/4 sugar.  Then I melted 1/3 cup of butter and mixed it all together.   


Then I pressed the crust into a 9" pie plate, and I baked mine at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes.


 I mixed the peanut butter, cream cheese and whipped topping together with sugar and vanilla and then spread it around.


Then I decided to decorate with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Whipped topping.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love how easy it looks, which means my preschooler will be able to help. He loves baking & cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My preschooler loves to help me bake. She likes to smash the graham crackers. It is always fun to bake with little helpers.

    ReplyDelete