Monday, May 13, 2013

Homemade Chewy Granola Bars

My kids are really picky about what they like to eat, unless it is a snack food.  I think they would live off all things that have no nutritional value if I let them.  I found this great recipe from Lauren's Latest for no-bake granola bars .

My kids and my brothers love them so I decided to make a large batch each time I make them and I put them in a large cookie sheet and when they are set I wrap them up for us to eat throughout the week.
I use 1 cup of honey, 1 cup of butter, and 1 cup of brown sugar.  I melt those together and then boil it for two minutes.  I then add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and pour it over 8 cups of oats and 4 cups of crispy rice cereal.

I mix it all together and then pour it into a regular sized cookie sheet and press it together.  Then over half I sprinkle whatever chocolate chips I have and then I leave the rest plain.  If we can wait to eat them they usually set up great but we often cut into them as soon as I put on the chocolate chips...


No comments:

Post a Comment