Sunday, July 7, 2013

Wedding Reception Desserts

My sister's friend is getting married in Europe and she had an open house for friends and family before she heads across the seas.  She asked my mom and my mom's best friend to help cater the desserts.  She wanted petit fours (small teacakes, frosted and decorated), mini cheesecakes, mini pies, sugar cookies and mini cupcakes.  Each dessert was set up on a different plate with cute labels that the Bride made.



I missed out on all the food prep because I was taking care of my kiddos.  They ordered the petit fours and cheesecakes from a local restaurant supplier and they ordered the mini pie shells from there as well.  They filled all the pies with different fillings and used pre-made blueberry pie filling and made their own strawberry pie filling by mixing strawberries with a strawberry glaze.  The sugar cookies were made with one of my favorite recipes that I need to share, and truthfully they were one of the most popular desserts.  The mini cupcakes were made from a box and frosted with purple frosting. 


They also did the drinks and I was there to help for that part.  We made Strawberry Basil Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade.  For the Strawberry lemonade we used a lemonade concentrate and cut up strawberries and put it into the mix.  For the Strawberry  Basil Lemonade we made a syrup with strawberries, fresh basil, sugar and water.  Then we mixed the syrup with the lemonade concentrate.  For the strawberry basil lemonade recipe check out Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment