Monday, June 3, 2013

Pancake Mix Gift Basket

My cousin was recently married and her sweet sisters threw her an awesome Bed and Breakfast shower.  I thought it would be fun to give her a gift basket with cute jars filled with different kinds of made from scratch pancake mixes.  As I was searching Pinterest I found this really cute jar from Good Life eats and it turns out the jars were from Amazon, they are the Leifheit Deocrative Canning Jars.  I love the shape of these jars.



 Another great website for glass jars is Specialty Bottle, I have used their jars for homemade hot cocoa mixes and homemade vanilla.  (Also this is not sponsored, I just like the products I have used from them and am impressed by their customer service.)
glass jars, candle jars, hex jars, oval hex jars, facetted jars
Collection of jars from Specialty Bottle.
Anyways I decided to do four different kinds of pancake mixes, Blueberry, Cinnamon, Chocolate Chip and Chocolate.  The Blueberry recipe I found at food.com and the link is here.  I also used that for the Chocolate chip recipe but I substituted the blueberries for Milk Chocolate Chips.  I also found the Chocolate recipe from food.com here.  The cinnamon pancakes are actually the Basic Pancake Recipe from Martha Stewart and I doubled that recipe and added 2 tablespoons of cinnamon.

I layered the dry ingredients in the jar and then attached some super cute scrap fabric and some bakers twine.  Then I stuck the four jars into a basket I had lying around and attached collapsible measuring cups and colorful spatulas and whisk that my mom and sister picked up.  There were also some colorful bowls that went with the gift to mix everything up, not pictured.  (I think they found it all at Target).

Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix



 I made the tags using a scrapbook software I have, Scrapbook Factory, and then attached them with Bakers Twine.












Chef In Training

2 comments:

  1. This is a really cute idea! I was going to make pancake mix as a gift last Christmas but couldn't find a good recipe. Love the variety here, too! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We received a jar of chocolate chip pancake mix for Christmas and loved them. I thought a gift basket of different kinds would be a great gift for a shower.

    ReplyDelete